Covid-19 Policies and Protections 2022
The Massage Sanctuary is committed to ensuring your comfort and safety. In an effort to limit possibilities for viral exposure and create an environment in which everyone feels at ease receiving and giving bodywork, we have put the following policies in place:
- We kindly request that you show up for your appointment wearing a mask. If you forget, a disposable one will be provided for you. All therapists and clients will be required to wear a mask throughout the massage session. Your therapist will check in with you about your comfort and make necessary positional adjustments. AS OF JUNE 2022, OUR POLICY REMAINS IN PLACE REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS. We continue to mask in our health care setting as recommended by WA Dept. of Health and King County Health Dept. Thank you for keeping our space safe for those who are more vulnerable or cannot be vaccinated.
- All clients and Sanctuary staff will be screened for Covid-19 symptoms which may include: a fever of 100 degrees or higher, cough, sore throat, respiratory or flu symptoms, shortness of breath, a new loss of smell or taste, a new rash. If you or anyone close to you has had any of these symptoms recently, or you’ve been around anyone with a diagnosis of Covid-19 in the past 14 days, we will ask you to reschedule your appointment at no charge to you. We will also take your temperature with a non-contact thermometer as you enter the space. If you do not have a fever, we will then ask that you wash your hands at the sink before heading into the treatment room with your practitioner. All staff will be screened and have temperature checks prior to their shifts in the same manner, to protect you. Anyone who is unwell or potentially exposed to the coronavirus will stay home.
- New clients will fill in a brief health intake form, returning clients will sign theirs on file, and all clientele will be asked to read and sign a Covid-19 information/consent for treatment form.
- We will continue to meet and exceed hygienic requirements required by the state’s department of health. This includes, but is not limited to: thorough hand washing before and after every massage session, wiping down all of our equipment, supplies, massage tables and headrests, chairs, lotion bottles, doorknobs, light switches, and any other surfaces touched by the massage therapist or client during the treatment session. Additionally, we are increasing the time between appointments to 30 minutes to allow staff to thoroughly disinfect the restroom, sink, water cooler, front desk area, and point of sale equipment between clients. We will use disinfectant cleaning supplies recommended by the CDC. Each treatment room utilizes a HEPA filter air purifier with UV-C light.
- All table linens will continue to be changed after each massage and laundered by a professional laundry service. Non-permeable, wipeable covers will be used under the linens on each massage table and pillow. YOU ARE WELCOME TO BRING A CLEAN BLANKET IN A CLEAN BAG FROM HOME AND WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO DO SO THIS FALL/WINTER IF YOU LIKE THE COZINESS AND WEIGHT OF ADDITIONAL LAYERS DURING YOUR MASSAGE.
- You will notice that our appointments available online are limited. We are currently scheduling 60 minute sessions. Please call us at 206-322-5549 if interested in shorter or longer sessions. They may be available if the day's schedule allows.
- We encourage you to use credit cards or non-contact forms of payment instead of cash or check, thank you.
- Finally, visit The Massage Sanctuary knowing that we are here to support your health and wellness. Our community, our world, has changed in a way we never imagined. We may find ourselves still grieving losses or perhaps looking for healthier ways to manage anxiety and stress. Many of us are hopeful to be turning a corner in the pandemic - and in our lives. We are honored to offer the healing energy and nurturing comfort of therapeutic touch. Thank you for making us part of your self-care journey.
The Massage Sanctuary