NEW Covid-19 Policies and Protections
The Massage Sanctuary looks forward to welcoming back our clients and neighbors in the near future. Be assured that when we return to practice, we will be committed to ensuring your comfort and safety. In an effort to limit possibilities for viral exposure and create an environment in which everyone feels at ease receiving and giving bodywork, we will put the following policies in place:
- We kindly request that you show up for your appointment wearing a mask. If you forget, a disposable one will be provided for you. All therapists and clients will be required to wear a mask throughout the massage session. Your therapist will check in with you about your comfort and make necessary positional adjustments. We are taking this measure under guidance from WA Dept. of Health, King County Health Dept., the CDC, and national massage therapy associations. It also helps us to feel more secure in our work with the public.
- All clients and Sanctuary staff will be screened for Covid-19 symptoms which may include: a fever of 100 degrees or higher, cough, sore throat, respiratory or flu symptoms, shortness of breath, a new loss of smell or taste, a new rash. If you or anyone close to you has had any of these symptoms recently, or you’ve been around anyone with a diagnosis of Covid-19 in the past 14 days, we will ask you to reschedule your appointment at no charge to you. We will also take your temperature with a non-contact thermometer as you enter the space. If you do not have a fever, we will then ask that you wash your hands at the sink before heading into the treatment room with your practitioner. All staff will be screened and have temperature checks prior to their shifts in the same manner, to protect you. Anyone who is unwell or potentially exposed to the coronavirus will stay home.
- New clients will fill in a brief health intake form, returning clients will sign theirs on file, and all clientele will be asked to read and sign a Covid-19 information/consent for treatment form.
- We will continue to meet and exceed hygienic requirements required by the state’s department of health. This includes, but is not limited to: thorough hand washing before and after every massage session, wiping down all of our equipment, supplies, massage tables and headrests, chairs, lotion bottles, doorknobs, light switches, and any other surfaces touched by the massage therapist or client during the treatment session. Additionally, we are increasing the time between appointments to 30 minutes to allow staff to thoroughly disinfect the restroom, sink, water cooler, front desk area, and point of sale equipment between clients. We will use disinfectant cleaning supplies recommended by the CDC.
- All table linens will continue to be changed after each massage and laundered by a professional laundry service. Non-permeable, wipeable covers will be used under the linens on each massage table and pillow. We will no longer provide blankets to clients but are happy to add a second top sheet or turn up the table warmer to give you extra comfort.
- Your therapist will change their clothes/apron between sessions as we do sometimes employ stretches or range of motion techniques which may put a client’s body in contact with our own.
- You will notice that our available appointments are limited. We will reopen with an altered schedule that allows us to stagger 60 minute appointments so that clients should not expect to pass one another in our common areas. Please arrive no more than 5-10 minutes before your appointment. We may need to ask you to wait outside if another client is still checking out. Our apologies for any inconvenience. Initially, we will not be offering sessions longer than 60 minutes. If you prefer a shorter massage, please call us at 206-322-5549 to request 30 or 45 minute sessions. As social distancing recommendations change and we resume full capacity, we will again offer longer services. Thanks for your patience and flexibility.
- Gloves and hand sanitizer will be offered as you check out after your massage. We encourage you to use credit cards or non-contact forms of payment instead of cash or check, thank you.
- Finally, visit The Massage Sanctuary knowing that we are here to support your health and wellness. Our community, our world, has changed in a way we never imagined. For many of us, this change has brought a sense of loss and grief, anxiety and stress, hardship and isolation. We are honored to offer the healing energy and nurturing comfort of therapeutic touch. Thank you for making us a part of your self-care journey.
The Massage Sanctuary